The Wausau Symphony Orchestra is excited to present "A Night at the Opera" on January 13th, under the direction of Daniel Larson.
Experience the wonder and grandeur of the opera house at this exciting concert. From the extravagant Italian operas of Rossini and Puccini, to the modern American hits of Andrew Lloyd Webber and George Gershwin, audiences will recognize these familiar melodies as media staples, found not only in opera but in our movies, shows, and commercials.
This concert is supported in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Selections to include:
- Festival March (from "La Boheme") - G. Puccini
- Porgy and Bess - G. Gershwin
- Jesus Christ Superstar - A.L. Webber
- Die Meistersinger - R. Wagner
- The Pirates of Penzance - A. Sullivan
- Overture to Tancredi - J. Rossini
- Musetta's Waltz (from "La Boheme") - G. Puccini
- Carmen Suite No. 1 - G. Bizet
Tickets available at door:
- $15 Adults
- $10 Seniors & Students
- Free 18 and Under
First Presbyterian Church of Wausau, 406 Grant St Sunday, January 13th at 4pm